Posted On: March 27th, 2017
The opening event of the Global Money Week(GMW)for Bhutan 2017 was graced by His Excellency Lyonpo Namgay Dorji, Honorable Finance Minister, Honorable Dasho Governor, Mr. David, Regional Coordnator of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion(AFI) and other distinguished guests. The highlights of the opening GMW event were:
1. During the event, the Financial Literacy website(www.rmafil.bt), Bhutan Economic Forum for Innovative Transformation (BEFIT) website (www.befit.bt)and FinSave Gift Cards were launched marking the GMW Celebration with the theme on ‘Learn.Save.Earn’.
2. The launch took place at RIM today with awarding of GMW certificate of participation to students, private sectors and relevant stakeholders.
3. A theatre program on ‘‘Your money, financial crisis and lessons in your life’ was also initiated and delivered during the opening event by the YDF theatre group.
4. Ms. Tshering Yangchen of Jigme Losel Primary School was recognized for her outstanding initiative on Financial Literacy innovative game design on
Jigsaw Money Note and Ethnic banking concept of classroom shopping
5. A series of GMW events are expected to be carried out during this week with programmes like thematic talks to schools, tertiary educational institutes, defense sectors,vocational institutes and monastic schools, youth field visit programmes, international youth online talks, airing of radio jingles on Radio Valley on ‘promoting youth entrepreneurs.
6. A programme shall be carried out within this week initiating on youth saving bank account opening in Thimphu and Lhuntse.
7. Financial literacy sensitization shall be carried out by the Financial Inclusion and Literacy stakeholders at Dagana, Punakha, Tsirang and Gelephu.
8. Lastly, GMW programme is aniticipated to end with a memorable financial fair at clock tower on 1st April, 2017(Saturday) with the distribution of FinSave Gift Cards mostly to the children and to the general public. For more information on FinSave Gift Card kindly visit http://www.rmafil.bt/finsave-gift-card/
Thanks to Child Youth international Finance(CYFI), we are aware of the rights of the children in many spheres including financial education. ‘We would want all our children, regardless of race, creed or circumstance to achieve their full potential in terms of financial literacy. Our task is to make it possible. Our mission is to enable inclusive finance.’
Financial Inclusion and Literacy (FIL) Team, RMA shall keep everyone updated on the GMW events carried out. Stay connected!